Contract Oil and Freight Claims Analyst – Global Shipping and Oil Co.
0.00 – 0.00 Annual
British Pound . GBP
Â£16 per hour/(Â£21 per hour Ltd Co.)/c.Â£30k pa Equivalent
Oil and Freight Claims Analyst - Global Shipping and Oil Co.
World Leading Global Energy Trading Company has an exciting opportunity for a Claims Analyst to pursue/defend all the quality, quantity and charter party claims and to provide oil loss analysis/report for Crude & Product and/or Freight desks, within their dynamic and friendly London Shipping Team.
Additionally, the role will provide professional advices to the company\’s Trading Network on potential exposures before, during and after any deals, which could impact oil and freight trading economics.
The main aim is to maximize claims recoveries and minimize exposure to 3rd parties. This will involve analysing a claim and developing a causation theory, collating documents to support the company position in the claim and then negotiating between trading desks and third parties to bring the claim to satisfactory conclusion.
About the Role:
- Perform root cause analysis for oil loss and product claims
- Active claim management by working with commercial traders and operators through earliest involvement in the incident
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports and trends analysis
- Develop understandings with various internal stakeholders to drive maximum values for the company
- Types of insurances and the differences in policies of available Insurance and 3rd party claims procedure
- Work closely with Insurer and their Loss Adjuster, legal counsel, contract advisor, product quality lead, marine technical advisor, etc. to ensure high success rate in claims recoveries
- Provide an accurate, unbiased and timely analysis to ensure our customers equitably resolve their cargo claims
- Types and structure of charter parties
- Bills of Lading, Time Bar, Incoterms
- Familiarity with Radar, FED and or DEX
- Knowledge of English Maritime and Commercial Law
- Knowledge of Physical commodity Trading and Shipping Operations
- Knowledge of bulk liquid quantity/quality measurement and custody transfer procedures
Ideal Previous Experience:
- Ship cargo handling procedures and limitations
- Refinery/terminal tankage and pipeline arrangements
- Shore cargo procedures Independent inspection reports
- Cargo measurement principles
- 4 point analysis
- Product quality and specifications
- Quality incident management
- Casualty Management
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dunn & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.
Job Title: Oil and Freight Claims Analyst – Global Shipping and Oil Co.
London, United Kingdom
How to ApplyPlease Apply Here
3 total views, 1 today